The City of Modesto is conducting a survey of stakeholders with identified interested in qualifying population that could be served by the Department of Housing and Urban Developments HOME America Rescue Plan (HOME ARP) funding allocated to the City of Modesto. These populations include but aren’t limited to the following:
- Homeless, as defined in section 103(a) of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 11302(a));
- At-risk of homelessness, as defined in section 401(1) of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 11360(1));
- Fleeing, or attempting to flee, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, or human trafficking, as defined by the Secretary;
- In other populations where providing supportive services or assistance under section 212(a) of the Act (42 U.S.C. 12742(a)) would prevent the family’s homelessness or would serve those with the greatest risk of housing instability;
- Veterans and families that include a veteran family member that meet one of the preceding criteria.
This funding is limited to the following activities:
- Production or Preservation of Affordable Housing
- Supportive Services, including services defined at 24 CFR 578.53(e), homeless prevention services, and housing counseling.
- Purchase and Development of Non-Congregate Shelter. These structures can remain in use as non-congregate shelter or can be converted to: 1) emergency shelter under the Emergency Solutions Grant program; 2) permanent housing under the Continuum of Care; or 3) affordable housing under the HOME Program.
- Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)
This survey will be available until April 22, 2022.